Hi All! I'm new here.

Pure Country

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We have a small "farm" in Central Ga. We have a small herd of registered Limousin cattle that we raise for show, breeding and sale. We got started in it about 5 1/2 years ago when our daughters were still in school. They showed for FFA and 4-H. They did pretty good. Now they only show open shows when they have time. We are lifetime members with NALF and members of the Ga. Limousin Association. The youngest daughter is a member of the Ga. Cattlemans Assoc. but when it time to renew membership, it will be under the farm name as she is no longer considered a junior member. We sold our herd bull back in March and hopefully replace him with one of the bull calves that were born this year.

We also have horses, mostly reg. QH, 2 reg. paints, 2 grade and an unreg. TB mare.

We have about 10 reg. cows, 2 of which are red. Six of those have calves at their side. Out of 6 that have been born since the 1st of Aug. only one is a heifer. One of the calves is homozygous black.

I will post some pictures soon.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
welcome youll like it here.i raise reg beefmasters.an run a crossbred herd.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Welcome!

I love the Limos!
My herd is a mix of alomst everthing! We have been using black Limo bulls for the past 8 years, trying to up the percentage!
(Why we got a 3/4 angus this year, I don't know)

Would love to see pictures!!

Pure Country

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The ag teacher at the high school my girls went to raises beefmasters. They are nice. He didn't show them tho. We have lots of dairy farms around here. Eatonton, Ga, Putnam Co. , is the biggest dairy farm area in Ga.

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
hi there!!

welcome to the group!! i'm new too! and i feel that i have made new freinds already. I don't know them all yet. but kitty farmer has been a great help!!!!!!!! she help me with the how too use this posting and i just saw the poop page! great info!!! very help full. i'm in florida, and just now starting too. but on a very small scale. a scale of 2 heifer's and i'll only can go up to 5 because of the land i have. i have 2 hens 1 rooster, 1 dog, 2 cats. we have a garden. Mare

Hayladee

Just born
Reaction score
Hi from Pa, we have a small cow/calf operation too. Some of our commercial cows are limmy crosses. I'm new here too but I think its great. glad youre here! Hayladee

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
sounds like you off to a good start. stick with this group and we will all become farmers, sooner then we think!!!!! and the way this money is not going as far as it use too, we have a jump on the goverment.hahaha really not funny:(

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
some of us have been farmers an cattlemen to long right kitty.ive been in this game for 36yrs.been a dairymen a farmer an a trucker with my dad for 19yrs.then dairied farmed an ran beefcattle for 8yrs.been a cattlemen for 9yrs.