Hi All, new here with a question...

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Here is a very good example of what can happen when you buy a heifer you have doubts about.
I broke two golden rules with this one after we moved to BC. IF IN DOUBT DON"T BUY and NEVER PURCHASE JUST BASED ON A BREEDERS REP without seeing the parent stock.

http://wildthingorganics.com/raven1.html

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
OUCH! Should have locked her in a barn or shed for a few days first! Poor girl wanted her baby.

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
OUCH! Should have locked her in a barn or shed for a few days first! Poor girl wanted her baby.
Barn wouldn't have done it at all. She took out my gates and the ranch down the hill lost a goodly part of a corral that normally houses a bull.

She put my buck goat through a rail fence, killed over 40 chickens, has charged many people, injured my jerseys and the list goes on from there.

miss_thenorth

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
kstaven said:
Here is a very good example of what can happen when you buy a heifer you have doubts about.
I broke two golden rules with this one after we moved to BC. IF IN DOUBT DON"T BUY and NEVER PURCHASE JUST BASED ON A BREEDERS REP without seeing the parent stock.

http://wildthingorganics.com/raven1.html
that's quite a story!!!! Hopefully when we do get our cow, it won't turn out anything like that!!!

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I will let you know shortly. That cow is so mean that the meat is likely to be tough as leather.