Hi everybody!

Chicks in VA

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Welcome from east Texas! You have some nice horses. I just bought a Missouri Fox Trotter from a kill pen last week. Palomino, terribly skinny, vet said 12-14 years old. Weight back on her and she’s going to be a beautiful horse.

Glad you joined BYH!

We did the same about 3 years ago!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
She is my third kill pen horse. Due to circumstances at the time, I had to sell my horses over a year ago. Sold farm, moved to small place, bought new farm, moved again. So many good horses are in kill pens, over population is a problem and will stay with us. Slaughter is a necessity and should be brought back to the USA where we have animal cruelty laws, so that it could be done in a more humane manner, and regulated. In Mexico, it can be pretty inhumane. Plus shipping horses hundreds and hundreds of miles is hard on them too.
With the price of feed hitting the moon, more people are dumping horses at auction. As prices rise, on human food, utilities, fuel and it comes down to buying horse feed or food for the family, more horses will go to auction. Sad but true.

That’s my view on it. I can’t save all the horses, go back to feed prices, LOL. But I can get a couple of them. Looking for another one.

Kiki

Not just born
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
As anyone who also has a BYC account may have guessed, I'm Pampered chicken girl! Surprise!
Since I have 4 horses I thought it would be a good idea to join BYH! I have owned horses for over 4 years. I have 2 Quarter horses mares, one Percheron/Thoroughbred mix gelding, and one 4 year miniature horse gelding. I'm very happy to have joined y'all! :D =D
Hi Pampers!
Welcome to BYH!