Hi EVERYONE I'm new to the site and to the ranch life.

The Curly girl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi :)

My name is Fernanda. I am 25 yrs old and from Mexico. I was born in Mexico and was raised both in Mexico and L.A California. Despite the fact that I always had a city life, my soul always knew I wanted to be around nature.

When I was 20 I moved back to Mexico "for good". Little did I know, that a year and a half (or so) later I would meet the love of my life. This guy was a Texan, not a Mexican guy.... Odd, right? Hahaha.
Anyways, fast forward a few years of distance relationship --and going through hell and back-- he proposed :) .
Finally on May 3, 2014 I moved to East Texas. It definitely was a big change for me...not only of location but if life style. I left all my family and friend behind and moved to a 360 acre ranch.

As you may imagine it was a very difficult transition, but I managed to finally feel at home a year and a half later... Ever since then I feel at ease and super happy.

Anyways.... Moving on to the animals...
We have in the ranch Hereford cows, donkeys, 3 dogs, a mule, a horse named Cinderella--who my hubby rescued years ago and our new addition... Dingo-Dan the lamb-- who is why I joined the site.

Dingo-Dan the lamb is an almost 2 week old St. Croix Sheep (ram) who was rejected by his mother. The man who owned him told my husband he didn't have the time to bottle feed the lamb, which means he would die cus his mom wasn't letting him eat at all...and would kick him. He was 7 hrs old when we went and picked him up. Ever since he has been in our house, and under my care. We have been bottle feeding him and using diapers... We even have a wonderful system to make it work right. Taking care of this little Lamb has been a full-time job! Thank God I'm not working yet. I will be soon tho.

I am in love with all the animals, trees and land. It is a blessing to live this way. I am now a country girl :)
But still need a lot of help learning about farm animals and caring for them. I appreciate you all.

That was my long story made short believe it or not hahahaha :)

A big hug and kiss from me to you :)
IMG_20160108_181810.jpg

Support

True BYH Addict
Administrator
Reaction score
Such a cutie! :welcome:welcome:welcome

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome Fernanda! I am in Texas also, I love east Texas! I am in the Tyler area, where are you? I am glad you joined the site and that is one cute lamb you have there.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio! What a huge change, and I'm glad you're loving it!