Hi everyone my name is Dorecia

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from east Texas. I found this forum years ago, still living in town on a small lot. I studied the forums, there is lots of information in past posts, for several years before we moved.

How much room do you have? That will be a determining factor in what animals you get. Small acreage is small animals, big acreage, you can have big animals or more small animals.

What are you most interested in? What are your plans for animals? Pets? Meat? Fiber?

Best advice I can give you is, don’t run out and buy up a lot of different animals just because now you can. Take it slow, plan out your space as far as fencing, shelter, pasture etc.

Glad you joined BYH!

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am trying to learn something so I can decide what animals I would like to get
:welcome
I found this forum years ago, still living in town on a small lot. I studied the forums, there is lots of information in past posts, for several years before we moved.
That’s kind of what I’m doing. We have 4 acres surrounded by suburbs and all I can have is poultry, and no real barn. DH is on board with moving out to the country when he retires, and I am reading and learning ahead of time for when I get to have a real farm. (He says no other farm animals, but we’ll see about that :hide)

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Baymule gave you excellent advice. Another reason to take it slow is to make sure you can manage all the chores you need to do. If you get too much too soon, you might find yourself overwhelmed.