Hi from Beaverdam, VA

Oakknollfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
9BC47DD8-B62F-4372-BBDA-013613898299.jpeg
I
My very first goat, he’s a bottle baby. His brother will come to join us when he is weaned so he will have a goat friend.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @Oakknollfarms,

Welcome to BYH! You will find a lot of great folks on the forum, including at least two from Virginia, namely Miss @farmerjan and Miss @Mini Horses. Also, there are A LOT of folks who have goats, including Miss @B&B Happy goats (in Florida), Miss @rachels.haven (in Massachusetts), Miss @frustratedearthmother (in Texas), Miss @Duckfarmerpa1 (in Pennsylvania), Miss @babsbag (in California), Miss @Jesusfreak101, and others that I can't recall at the moment. And there are others that know a whole lot about other topics, like Miss @Ridgetop in California (sheep), Mr. @Mike CHS in Tennessee (sheep), Miss @Baymule in Texas (sheep), Mr. @High Desert Cowboy in Utah (sheep), Miss @Larsen Poultry Ranch (chickens), Miss @cluckmecoop7 (chickens), Miss @thistlebloom (horses), etc.

Many folks on the forum maintain a journal of their farm life in threads in the forum "Members 'Backyardherds' Journals".

As for me, I reside in western Arkansas and currently have no farms animals. Instead, I provide comic relief.

Senile Texas Aggie

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome:jumpy:ya:yaFrom over here in the Shenandoah valley. I do not have goats, but have or have had nearly every other breed of farm animal at one time or another.
So did you find us because of the new "social distancing" and restrictions on all of us with this corona virus???? We are all pretty much able to stay at home as far as being alot more prepared the the average go out to eat several times a week people in this world.... hope you enjoy the forums.

Oakknollfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
That’s awesome! I’m sure I’ll have a ton of questions. I have vast knowledge when it comes to dogs and cats, not so much with my goats. I’m already so enamored with them. I want to make sure I’m doing things right, so knowing that y’all are straight up and don’t guess is important. And appreciated. Glad I found this group!