Hi from Beaverdam, VA

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi there from NW PA!! He looks a little like my Pygmy kids!! I’ll attach a couple pictures!! We love pictures, so you’ll have to post more when you can! You know, goats are so funny, mine think they are dogs too! They paw at me for attention, they grab my hat off my head...they are true stinkers!! My one Pygmy, Misty, she actually stands on my shoulders....she’s crazy!! Honestly, if I could bring one in the house, I probably would! :lol: Do you plan to get any does? Will you keep them as buckling or wether them? Do you have any more animals? Can’t wait to hear more about your animals and you!! Welcome to BYH..you’re going to love it here...the people are just the best!!

Attachments

• 1757E16D-B977-4679-B525-2918E46308D4.jpeg
    1757E16D-B977-4679-B525-2918E46308D4.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 179
  • B0126BEF-C52C-49BB-8261-33F9A3D6F6CC.jpeg
    B0126BEF-C52C-49BB-8261-33F9A3D6F6CC.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 183
  • 4B574655-6A62-407E-8D67-E2B80370953D.jpeg
    4B574655-6A62-407E-8D67-E2B80370953D.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 172

Oakknollfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi there from NW PA!! He looks a little like my Pygmy kids!! I’ll attach a couple pictures!! We love pictures, so you’ll have to post more when you can! You know, goats are so funny, mine think they are dogs too! They paw at me for attention, they grab my hat off my head...they are true stinkers!! My one Pygmy, Misty, she actually stands on my shoulders....she’s crazy!! Honestly, if I could bring one in the house, I probably would! :lol: Do you plan to get any does? Will you keep them as buckling or wether them? Do you have any more animals? Can’t wait to hear more about your animals and you!! Welcome to BYH..you’re going to love it here...the people are just the best!!
They are so precious!!!! 🥰

I do plan to grow my herd, and the lady who gave them to me wants to use them for stud at her farm, so buckling it is. Eventually I want to be self sustainable out here on the farm, so this is my unexpected start. I’ve got 3 hens too, I was going to raise chicks, but the bottle baby and his crate take up all the room I have in my tiny house now, so one species of baby at a time 😂. I just moved back out to my family farm, after unexpectedly inheriting it, so I’m just starting my homestead. I wouldn’t trade this for my big house in the city limits for live or money! Loving farm life.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I grew up in the fancy suburbs...it was a great childhood, but I always dreamed of a farm. Now we have one!! If you want a homestead..you’ll need more than three hens! :lol: Better get crack in’ :). You’ll get great help on here, on planting gardens, trees, rabbits, everything! We have a huge garden and have a farmer stand at the end of our drive way. We sell our eggs too. But, we get about 27-32 a day....

im going to give you a tip, you won’t like to hear, but I was just given it. I had a buckling, who I just adore and I let him cuddle and climb on me and we are the best of friends. I was told, that you can’t treat a buckling like that. They need to learn boundaries right away...I know..breaks your heart, right? The very smart people on here told me, that my loving Willy wouldn’t understand when he became a buck and would buck at me. Be too hard to handle. He is a be a goat and I really wanted his genes, but I wethered him because I couldn’t stand to part with our bond. I had a buck last fall. Got rid of him because he was too hard for me to handle. I didn’t want that again. If I were you...I’d hurry up and buy some doelings, so that you can shower your love on them and keep your bucklings in check...so, they don’t become hard to handle. You don’t need to listen at all, this is just a tip I was given. You might want to ask some very experienced goat owners...like @rachels.haven ...she has a herd of just bucks. @B&B Happy goats , I think may have been the one who gave me the tip? Not sure. But...I don’t want you to get your heart broken by your goats.....

Oakknollfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I grew up in the fancy suburbs...it was a great childhood, but I always dreamed of a farm. Now we have one!! If you want a homestead..you’ll need more than three hens! :lol: Better get crack in’ :). You’ll get great help on here, on planting gardens, trees, rabbits, everything! We have a huge garden and have a farmer stand at the end of our drive way. We sell our eggs too. But, we get about 27-32 a day....

im going to give you a tip, you won’t like to hear, but I was just given it. I had a buckling, who I just adore and I let him cuddle and climb on me and we are the best of friends. I was told, that you can’t treat a buckling like that. They need to learn boundaries right away...I know..breaks your heart, right? The very smart people on here told me, that my loving Willy wouldn’t understand when he became a buck and would buck at me. Be too hard to handle. He is a be a goat and I really wanted his genes, but I wethered him because I couldn’t stand to part with our bond. I had a buck last fall. Got rid of him because he was too hard for me to handle. I didn’t want that again. If I were you...I’d hurry up and buy some doelings, so that you can shower your love on them and keep your bucklings in check...so, they don’t become hard to handle. You don’t need to listen at all, this is just a tip I was given. You might want to ask some very experienced goat owners...like @rachels.haven ...she has a herd of just bucks. @B&B Happy goats , I think may have been the one who gave me the tip? Not sure. But...I don’t want you to get your heart broken by your goats.....
I was worried about that with little chip! He’s a bottle baby and the snuggliest thing. His brother is coming once he is weaned, and couldn’t care less about me. I will start with the boundaries with him. Thank you for the advice! I’ll start looking to add some doelings ASAP, because I am now in love with goats 😂

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was worried about that with little chip! He’s a bottle baby and the snuggliest thing. His brother is coming once he is weaned, and couldn’t care less about me. I will start with the boundaries with him. Thank you for the advice! I’ll start looking to add some doelings ASAP, because I am now in love with goats 😂
Goats are addictive!! We had three in the fall, now have 8. We sold one buckling, and got rid of our buck. But, he made beautiful kids. I’m already scouting farms to see where I’ll take my girls next fall...then I’ll have 7 pregnant does!! I plan to stagger them for kidding season, plus 4 are doelings. Lately I’ve actually been having milking issues....my one goat makes too much!! But, we just bought a good milker, on the advice of everyone here....comes Friday. Can’t wait!! How old is your little guy? What kind of doelings do you want to get?

Oakknollfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Goats are addictive!! We had three in the fall, now have 8. We sold one buckling, and got rid of our buck. But, he made beautiful kids. I’m already scouting farms to see where I’ll take my girls next fall...then I’ll have 7 pregnant does!! I plan to stagger them for kidding season, plus 4 are doelings. Lately I’ve actually been having milking issues....my one goat makes too much!! But, we just bought a good milker, on the advice of everyone here....comes Friday. Can’t wait!! How old is your little guy? What kind of doelings do you want to get?
Chip is almost 3 weeks old, Nigerian Dwarf. I’ve been researching and found they are very versatile, so I think I’ll stick with the breed when I get my doelings as well.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, geez, I thought he looked like a Pygmy! I have NDs too! Just love them!! They are very good, pet goats. The one in my avatar is Busty, that’s when I first got her and I was training her...long story. Anyways..she’s an ND mix with ‘Batman’ goat...big ears. Well..she gives me a ton of milk...more than a gallon a day!

Oakknollfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh, geez, I thought he looked like a Pygmy! I have NDs too! Just love them!! They are very good, pet goats. The one in my avatar is Busty, that’s when I first got her and I was training her...long story. Anyways..she’s an ND mix with ‘Batman’ goat...big ears. Well..she gives me a ton of milk...more than a gallon a day!
Was thinking for pets and milk too. I’ve a friend who makes her own goats milk soap for her son with a skin disorder. Figured between pets and the milk, I could eventually have the herd cover it’s own expenses. I don’t use much milk myself, only half & half for my coffee. Anyway..... my little pipe dream for my creatures. ❣️