Hi from Central Georgia

KLilly

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm the new owner of 2 fainting goats, roughly 5 months of age. We've named the female Isabella (Izzie) and the male is Phineas. We also have a small flock of 4 hens. I came to this site to learn more about owning goats, their nutritional needs, and other things that will keep them healthy and happy.

We currently have them feeding on our land and "clearing" areas that can't be easily bush-hogged. They have a salt block, we give them each about a cup of sweet feed a day, (As you can imagine, they warmed up to us quickly due to this) and they each get a little scoop of mineral supplement feed each day. After reading more about nutrition we began then on Timothy hay today.

I'm really concerned about their need for minerals and not sure what they have is enough. Should I be doing lose minerals, and if so what kind?

I'm so glad to be here... Thank you for having me!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello from Florida and welcome, ....I would go easy on the sweet feed as you have brouse for them, if your "salt block " is a regular salt block, you want to make sure you have either a goat mineral block or loose goat minerals ( i like mana pro ) that you can put out for them to eat as needed..., they should also have a copper bolus , to help with their copper needs, and alway clean water....there is lots of information in the goat section that will help you with CD&T shots, worming, hoof trimming etc., welcome to the herd and congratulations on your goats :frow:welcome

Latest posts