Hi from Clifton Forge, VA

NicelyMeadows

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello all. I myself have been farming since I was little. My grandfather had cattle, pigs, chickens when I was little but went away from doing it. Over the past 7 years I have gotten back into it a little at a time. We have chickens, ducks, turkeys, tried goats, but they didn't work out, we now have a single Doper/Kat cross sheep that I was able to get from a friend of mine, along with a new bottle baby that we are still currently taking care of inside (she thinks shes one of the dogs).

I am looking to expand in the sheep however, as I have been really please with how calm the ones my friend owns and breeds.

I look forward to everything this site has to offer and maybe I can offer help as well.

Happy Farming everyone!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome! From VA.....SE section!

I've been thru Clifton Forge many times. Many years ago, it was one of the routes to my grandparents in WV.

I'm certain you will be full of good advice for us. We hope to do the same for you, should you need.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from the Lexington/Staunton corridor on I-81...... I go to the other side of Clifton Forge when headed to milk test a dairy near Covington. We run beef cattle, a cow/calf operation and I have worked with dairy farmers for over 40 years. Have some poultry, some White Texas Dall sheep, as well as our beef animals. I have several dairy cows that I use as nurse cows to raise calves on. Raise meat birds, usually a garden, and have other sources for pork right now so in pretty good shape.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi there from NW PA!! You will absolutely love it here and everyone is amazing!! You will learn sooo much and everyone is like a gian5 family to each other. Actually most of us start our own journal, to write about our farm, and life, and it helps us all get to know each other better and help each other better. If you go under the forums, and go down to social..you’ll see a listing for member BYH JOUNAL...click there and begin! Plus, we love pictures, so feel free to post them! We look forward to learning more about your animals and you!!

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello all. I myself have been farming since I was little. My grandfather had cattle, pigs, chickens when I was little but went away from doing it. Over the past 7 years I have gotten back into it a little at a time. We have chickens, ducks, turkeys, tried goats, but they didn't work out, we now have a single Doper/Kat cross sheep that I was able to get from a friend of mine, along with a new bottle baby that we are still currently taking care of inside (she thinks shes one of the dogs).

I am looking to expand in the sheep however, as I have been really please with how calm the ones my friend owns and breeds.

I look forward to everything this site has to offer and maybe I can offer help as well.

Happy Farming everyone!
Hello and welcome to the forums. That's a wide range of farm animals you have there. I hope to hear from you soon. have a great day.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
@NicelyMeadows,

Welcome to Back Yard Herds! As others have posted above, there are lots of folks here who are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. I hope you start a journal about you and your farm and tell us more about yourself.

Senile Texas Aggie