Hi from N Texas

Rita

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to here and new to goats. I have 3 dwarf Nigerians 14 chickens and 4 acres. Looking forward to training my goats and enjoying kidding and milk. I have a lot to learn and look forward to the adventure!
Rita

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH Rita, from NE TX! So glad you joined us. Where in "north" TX are you located? I'm in Mount Pleasant and we have a pretty good TX contingent. Some of us get together every now and again, and if you've a mind, you'd be welcomed to join the fun! Goats are great fun. Hope you'll share some pics of yours, we all love pics. There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me will never remember & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi Rita! This is the ol' Baymule shouting a Texas HOWDY!!! My husband and I are just north of Tyler on 8 acres. We have 10 hair sheep, 3 horses, chickens, ducks and 2 Great Pyrenees. You will have to join us on one of our BYH meet and EAT!! LOL

Edited to add that for about the next month, we have a big 500 pound boar that we will take to slaughter.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
And another big howdy and welcome from North Central Texas! Glad you found us! We are in Erath County about 2 hours south-westish from the DFW metroplex.

You are going to love your Nigerians. We started with two and now have 21!