Hi from Nova Scotia Canada

DogIsMyShepherd

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi. I’m soon getting a couple wether mini nubians, and trying to research as much as I can before I get them. I’m a member of the sister site backyard chickens and have gotten very valuable info from that site. I was a member of another goat forum, but had to stop going on there as I was treated poorly simply for asking a question. Hopefully, you guys are a lot more tolerant of newbies! I need a place where I can ask questions without people making me feel stupid.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't have goats, I have sheep. I can tell you for a fact, there are no stupid questions. If you don't know, then ask!

There are tons of posts, I suggest that you pick a topic in the goat forum and read, read, read.

DogIsMyShepherd

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks. On the other goat forum I was on, someone assumed I should know everything about taking care of baby goats because I’m a nurse, and said they were appalled because I didn’t know about bottle feeding goats.made me feel really bad

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks. On the other goat forum I was on, someone assumed I should know everything about taking care of baby goats because I’m a nurse, and said they were appalled because I didn’t know about bottle feeding goats.made me feel really bad
Shame on that rude person. On this site, we stress being friendly and helpful. We will also give you the facts, so if you don't want to know ALL of it, don't ask, LOL Taking care of a baby goat is somewhat different than taking care of a human baby, last time I checked on it.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
You might think that we all did our homework and had everything planned perfectly and all of the infrastructure set up before bringing in animals. That is true in some cases but not true for most of us. :) Please don't hesitate to ask anything.

WildBird

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Don't feel bad! We all make mistakes. Besides, sounds like you haven't even made any yet ;) ! For instance, I once let my whole flock eat poisonous berries (not all of us survived)! Life is all about making mistakes from learning from them, avoiding mistakes and making different ones instead. Don't let the world get you down, you've still got great things to accomplish!

Welcome to BYH! I hope you stick around!