Hi from Oklahoma

Sheepdog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
What a great site. I stumbled upon it whilst searching the internet for Scrapie Program which is all new to me as we don't have it in Australia.... Australia and New Zealand are Scrapie free. So since my move to the USA I am learning a lot with differences between here and Australia. Also diseases in horses that we don't have Down Under which are new to me and the whole thing about blister beetle in alfalfa (what we call Lucerne in Australia) which I knew nothing about until moving to the southern states of the USA.

We have a cattle ranch, I raise sheep and horses and train working border collies. :)

Rebbetzin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
BYHCountessGreen.jpg

WELCOME TO THE USA also!!

My dad and mom were looking into homesteading in the area of Perth, Australia in the mid 1960's. But... they stayed in California.
I often wonder how different my life may have been if we had moved to Australia.

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What part of Oklahoma are you in??

We are in East-Central Oklahoma which is wayyy different than Western Oklahoma. Our little corner of the state is called "green country" and if you drive West on I-40 you are in super dry, flat country.

I think North Americans have always been fasinated with Austrialian. They are rather like our ancestors, a lot of rag-tag folks trying to look for a better life than what was available in Europe. Mine were Scots and English and came over in the 1800's and worked their tails off and did have a much better life....

We love the land and the animals and family.

DonnaBelle

Sheepdog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Rebbetzin said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2011/Email Iconx/BYHCountessGreen.jpg

WELCOME TO THE USA also!!

My dad and mom were looking into homesteading in the area of Perth, Australia in the mid 1960's. But... they stayed in California.
I often wonder how different my life may have been if we had moved to Australia.
Western Australia is more like California than the East Coast of Australia... especially climate and it is generally drier, more like California.

Had you moved there, you would be saying G'day and calling your friends 'mates' LOL

I love both countries, would love to be able to spend six months here and six months back down under.... but alas, beggars can't be choosers, so just have to settle with going back to visit every so often:)

Sheepdog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
DonnaBelle said:
What part of Oklahoma are you in??

We are in East-Central Oklahoma which is wayyy different than Western Oklahoma. Our little corner of the state is called "green country" and if you drive West on I-40 you are in super dry, flat country.

I think North Americans have always been fasinated with Austrialian. They are rather like our ancestors, a lot of rag-tag folks trying to look for a better life than what was available in Europe. Mine were Scots and English and came over in the 1800's and worked their tails off and did have a much better life....

We love the land and the animals and family.

DonnaBelle
We are south east OK, not too far from the Texas Border. I have been in Green country, its very pretty.

Sheepdog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys, this is such a great site. :D

RamblingCowgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:welcome Hello from the north. I'm up in Green Country too, but do to my brother rodeoing, I've seen a lot of the eastern part of the state. I was born in CA, moved here around the age of 6...Took me years to get used to it all. One thing I loved was all the live stock to be found. Hope it feel like home to you, and I know you'll enjoy being here on BYH.