Hi from Orange VA

WildBird

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome! Your animals are so beautiful! On here mistakes are fixed and questions are answered. Have a great day!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!! I :love ponies and horses! I’ve tried to convince my husband for years to let me get a horse and he says no, they’re just expensive cows:th
I married into a family that owns and works with horses but I married the one who doesn’t like horses, go figure. I haven’t given up hope yet!

I didn't tell DH about the ponies nor the sheep...nor any of the critters I've had over the years, actually.
They just kinda show up one day & it's less hassle for him to simply sigh & let me keep them. :lol:

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to BYH! You’ll love it here, everyone is so friendly and helpful! They are like a big family! It’s really nice to have a place to where everyone is friendly and knows what’s going on with your life and cares. Everyone iwas very helpful when I needed. Taught new things about my goats who just kidded...it was my first time. Exciting stuff! Well, I’m glad you joined and I look forward to learning more about your animals and you!

dlamb82

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I didn't tell DH about the ponies nor the sheep...nor any of the critters I've had over the years, actually.
They just kinda show up one day & it's less hassle for him to simply sigh & let me keep them. :lol:
He’d probably kill me :gig

dlamb82

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hey -- my late husband NEVER complained about "show ups" or outright buys. Perfect! LOL
I think I might have him ready to let me get 2 more does but I still have a hard no from him on my horse....doesn’t help that I want a Gypsy Vanner :D =D:drool:love:clap

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome! Your animals are so beautiful! On here mistakes are fixed and questions are answered. Have a great day!
Welcome to the forums!! :yesss: :yesss: :yesss: Your farm is gorgeous... I really love your farm dog... He looks very healthy and strong... and looks very dependable. 🐶🐶🐶

dlamb82

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!! :yesss: :yesss: :yesss: Your farm is gorgeous... I really love your farm dog... He looks very healthy and strong... and looks very dependable. 🐶🐶🐶
Thanks so much! Blue is his name and he is my youngest sons dog. He’s just over a year old and he makes sure that he investigates strangers and animals that aren’t ours 😂 he can clear our 4’fence without touching the top board and we’ve clocked him running alongside the 4wheeler at 25 mph:ep he’s a good boy and keeps good watch over the other animals and my kids. The picture I posted of him with the hay, my kids had been covering him up under a pile in the backyard and then he would pop up and come sauntering out of the hay pile and then go back, lay down in the center and do it all over again with the kids:lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I love your spotty goats, they are so pretty. Silver Laced Wyandottes were my first chickens, I got 2 hens. I never knew there were so many beautiful chickens! That was years ago and a whole lot of chickens later, I now have Easter Eggers, but I am eyeballing Jubilee Orpingtons. I am a sucker for a pretty chicken. LOL

We are on 8 acres in northeast Texas. We have 4 horses, 2 are retired-ages 30 and 32, 2 are ridable. We have 10 ewes, 1 ram and lambs. 2 Great Pyrenees, 1 Anatolian and 1 Great Dane/Labrador cross. 19-ish EE chickens, 5 Australorps and just got 2 feeder pigs. And a big garden!

My husband gave up years ago, trying to say no. In fact, he bought Joe, my blue eyed white horse, that's him in my avatar, before we'd even been married a year. In a few weeks we will have our 24th anniversary, so Joe has been intertwined in our lives a long time.

Horses are a hole in your pocket that you dump money in. They live a long time with proper care and in their old age, may become unridable. If you sell them, they may take a one way ride to Mexico or Canada for slaughter. My 2 old seniors eat feed, hay, need care and hoof trimming, just the same as the 2 that I can ride. And since horses are social herd animals, you can't have just one, so it is something to think about. Are you really ready for a 20-30 year commitment? You don't have to be crazy to have horses, but it sure helps!

Latest posts