Hi from soon to be Nigerian Dwarf owner in MD

LilPutt

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello - just a quick intro. My husband and I have been working on building up our homestead a bit, and hope to eventually have a well functioning hobby farm. We spent our the last year building up our backyard chicken flock and are ready to bring home our two Nigerian Dwarf Goats in the spring! We intend to breed them, and will get our buckling next breeding season. Over time, we hope to build a good reputation with our very small herd to sell our kids...and I look forward to making all sorts of cheese and soaps with our does milk! I look forward to being a part of this community, and hope you'll forgive me as I stumble through this learning curve!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome. Sounds like you have a plan... always nice :) Please browse around and make yourself at home. Please consider putting at least your general location in your profile as old folks like myself will never remember from this thread title. It can be important when asking for help/advice.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH. That is a great place to hang your hat, meet nice people, and learn about all the great critters you can add to your homestead. You will thoroughly enjoy your goats.

LilPutt

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome. Sounds like you have a plan... always nice :) Please browse around and make yourself at home. Please consider putting at least your general location in your profile as old folks like myself will never remember from this thread title. It can be important when asking for help/advice.
Ah yes, good point - I will do that! Thank you!

Latest posts