Hi from sunny South Africa

BellaM

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My name is Bella, I quit corporate and moved to a three hectare small holding to become a full time farmer/homesteader three years ago at the age of 48. It's been brain gymnastics ever since! I'm not just learning something new every day but multiple things every day! I have two donkeys (jenneys), four Nigerian dwarf goats - a ram (4y.o), a doe (3y.o), a doeling and a wether buckling (both 6mth old), a flock of chickens and five dogs. So a full house. I love my new life including the endless challenges. I joined BYC and BYH because of the wealth of hands on knowledge I can tap into at the press of a key. Unfortunately there's very little assistance for female small farmers in South Africa. That is changing, but slowly.
IMG-20200604-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20200604-WA0018.jpg
IMG_20200507_085859.jpg

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Welcome!!! Your animals are so pretty and look really happy! Congrats on the move and good luck.

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My name is Bella, I quit corporate and moved to a three hectare small holding to become a full time farmer/homesteader three years ago at the age of 48. It's been brain gymnastics ever since! I'm not just learning something new every day but multiple things every day! I have two donkeys (jenneys), four Nigerian dwarf goats - a ram (4y.o), a doe (3y.o), a doeling and a wether buckling (both 6mth old), a flock of chickens and five dogs. So a full house. I love my new life including the endless challenges. I joined BYC and BYH because of the wealth of hands on knowledge I can tap into at the press of a key. Unfortunately there's very little assistance for female small farmers in South Africa. That is changing, but slowly. View attachment 77566View attachment 77567View attachment 77568

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi Bella. I too am from south africa and fully agree with the whole female farmer thing. Just so glad that we can all have a platform to work from and the knowledge in this group of people is amazing...

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from VA, USA.

That buck looks very comfy!! He's chillin. :D =D

Please go into your profile and add a location. Members here from all over the world and some replies would be different based on your location. We love learning from all areas -- occasionally we need to ask about local verbal terms from place to place, or available products. It's all good!

Looking forward to your posts. Here we have a lot of female farmers. I'm one -- 😁 Here it isn't uncommon, we work just like the men! OK, maybe smarter in some ways. :hide:lol: There is some adaptation.