Hi from the Arkansas Ozarks!

Gammer

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We have 2 lovely mini jersey cows and their calves. I’ve been looking to communicate with other folks that also have mini jerseys. So glad to find this group!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from VA. I do not have any but, love those little cuties!! Always tempting for me to own, so far I've been able to say no.

BUT - but, but ---Please post some pics. I mean those adorable faces and huge eyes, what a kissable little animal! I was at an auction with a bottle baby jersey -- not a mini -- and I so wanted to hug it. :love

Do you now, or plan to, milk them? I have dairy goats to milk.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome from Va also. I'm on the other side of the state than @Mini Horses ...

I have "regular sized" jerseys, a couple of guernsey crosses, and several jer/hol crosses, as well as my son and I run a commercial beef cow herd.... and both of us work full time although mine is getting more like part time.... but hey, I'm officially a senior citizen.... so I don't want to work 18 hour days anymore....
I use my dairy cows and crosses for nurse cows and raise extra calves on them..... the beef herd is a cow/calf operation and we do raise some of our own replacement heifers and sell a few beef a year to people with freezers.....
There is a facebook group for jersey cattle, and I am thinking that there is one for mini's also. I'm not much of a facebook person so don't go on it regularly.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
welcome from another arkie. south of ft. smith. hope you enjoy your stay here.