Hi I,m new. chook pen jen.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We're here to help.

Sheep can't have copper and that is in cattle minerals so, becareful there.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
have you a place to keep them away from the horses esp since your horse loves to chase cows an other livestock.

chook pen jen

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Sorry its taken me so long to reply,this week has been so busy,I do a lot of volunteer work, and we also had the yard for girls to make. We have about 1-2 inches of top soil ,then potato sized rocks 4inches of those then clay which is like cement this time of year,digging post holes was slow hard work.It has taken so long that we had to put of getting the girls till tomorrow afternoon :( ,they were suposed to come this morning. Their yard will be sheep proof so if I keep their minerals in there the sheep should be safe,I hope.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Glad things are coming along, even if slowly. You're girls will get there, just a tiny bit delayed.

Remember once they get there we want pics. :)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
chook pen jen said:
I am not very good with computers, but I will try to post pics when they get here.
There are instructions as to how, just follow the index link in my sig to find them. If you need more assistance PM or email me.

chook pen jen

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi I have just been looking at your instructions and if there is a pic here , :fl
Dexters.jpg

This is my first pic post.

chook pen jen

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
the cow in front is Brooklyn, the bull is the one she is mated to and the little girls sire the cow at the back is misty ,her mum. I was sent the pic from the people I am getting them from. :D

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You got it!
Kittyclap.gif

Judging from their eyes and coats they look healthy. It's hard to tell much by head shots though except, I'd recommend dehorning them. Those horns can be dangerous/deadly.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
they look real good.an as said id dehorn or tipp them.tipping is cutting part of the horn off.

Latest posts