Hi I,m new. chook pen jen.

chook pen jen

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi the girls arrived this afternoon, and Brooklyn has done nothing but bully the little heifer since they got here. Is this normal? I was told they were going to be together this last week, but that didn;t happen, so now they are just getting to know each other,and Brookland is chasing the poor little calf around the yard .

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If they haven't been together before or only briefly it's normal. Just watch and make sure she's not getting overly agressive and hurt the smaller one. If that happens you will have to separate them and slowly re-introduce them.

chook pen jen

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
The poor little thing is following Brooklyn around like it was her mum, then she has to run ,but she just goes back to following brooklyn again. If they are still at it in the morning I will seperate them,I would hate to have her hurt.
Is there , or was there a sports team ,Brooklyn Dodgers? ,still looking for a name.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
congrats on getting them home.as said just watch them.an if the fighting gets to bad you might want to pen the lil heifer up.how long has the heifer been weaned.

chook pen jen

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Things are much better today,mostly dirty looks,and Brooklyn came up to the fence and sniffed my hand.
dextersjokiwi003.jpg
dextersjokiwi004.jpg
dextersjokiwi005.jpg
dextersjokiwi006.jpg

These pics were taken yesterday, hope you like them.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad things are better today.

They look like nice animals.

Get rid of those horns.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
yes they are very nice looking.an her horns really do need tobe tipped.

chook pen jen

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
The heifer was weaned about a week and a half ago.I am seriously thinking about Dodger after yesterdays preformance,she was very fast, but DH said its not a female name.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well you better watch her.an if she trys to start sucking the dry cow.pen her up for a week or 2 more.