Hi, I'm a new member here.

Angelina_ThePekin8

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hallo, I came from BYC I thought about joining backyardherds many times but never did till now.
I hope to get a horse or horses in the future. I figured this would be a good place to learn some more about them among the other ways I already do.
I think natural horsemanship would be the best way for me to go with my future horses if I ever get any.

Angelina_ThePekin8

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Buying an older horse makes a good first horse. They are usually more settled and not spooky. Finding one that has been used for trail rides is a good idea.
Absolutely true!
Where are you located?
Wyoming

I'm a teenager so I don't think I'll be able to get any horses yet nor do I think it'd be a responsible thing to do until I'm much older and have good financial stability.
And before buying one if possible I would lease or something first so I know if it's truly something I'd be able to do. Hopefully sometime soon I'll have some good opportunities to hang around horses and stuff.

Last edited:

Angelina_ThePekin8

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You sound like a matured responsible person who knows that you just don’t plunge into a commitment like that. Leasing a horse sounds like a good idea.
I have plenty of time to learn more and get more exeperience before I get to the age that I believe I'll actually have the ability to own lease or whatever I decide to do. I've been saving my money up for the last 5 years or more in the hopes to use it for a horse or whatever I may need it for.

I definitely don't want to make the mistake I did with my four youngest ducks where I had already had ducks and knew basically just how to feed them and that they can get bumblefoot.
I didn't do enough research on the ducks before getting more if I would have I probably would have avoided some of the issues they have now which I am doing my best to fix. Something like that would be a terrible thing to do with a horse that's for sure.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We learn as we go. Sometimes we make mistakes and the down side is the animals pay for it. I’m so impressed that you want to learn all you can and prepare yourself before you get a horse.

I bought my first horse at 12. We had to board her and I spent all my time with her. There has been times when i didn’t have a horse, but overall, I’ve had more years with horses than without.

Follow your dream and never give up on it.