Hi! I'm new here!

BigSkyChickie

Just born
Reaction score
Hey all! My name is Megan and I live in MT with my hubby, 2 kids (DD is 2 1/2, DS is 10 months), border collie, 2 kittens, 39 chickens, and 2 guineas. Oh, and a whole mess of black Angus.:)

I just got the chickens this year, and so far I love them. We've been tossing around the idea of a family milk cow and have decided we're going to definitely get one. Not sure when, DS has a milk allergy and we're hoping :fl that it resolves soon. I don't exactly need to deal with those two things at the same time right now.

Anyway, I thought I'd pop on here and talk cow with you folks. Oh, and you might see me on BYChickens, too, but I'm not much of a poster, yet.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Welcome.gif

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome! I don't have any personal experience with this, but I've read that drinking raw cow milk is often easier on people with milk allergies because the proteins haven't been messed with via pasteurization. Others here might know more about that, though!

Where in MT are you from? I lived in Billings as a little girl, and my mom's family was from Glasgow and Havre...I still have some distant relatives in Anaconda and Butte.

:)