Hi, new from SW VA

ChickenMomma

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
They are very tough it sounds like. Mine are just spoiled rotten I believe. But if we had that kind of weather things would change real quick!

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums. Oh, you bet they are, As a matter of fact. They are better than dogs if your gonna ask me. They are not that loud. and the food is low maintenance.
Hello. :welcome Hows your goats? Doing great? I hope you can share your experiences here in our forums. have a great day.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome for Texas goats are awesome you be shock about how much fun they are. But just a few words of advice make sure where you put them has strong fencing, they can climb and also jump and will rub on everything lol. Also check your plants to make sure they aren't toxic most goats will nibble on some things but won't down right eat to much but better to know. Also a few things to look at getting before hand are wound spray, cooper bolus, viamten paste with probotic paste, seleinum gel. All of which depends on the age of goats they make a adult version and a kid version. I would also get hoof trimmers. Also I would get a collar/break away and leaf rope to train them on it. It's easier to teach them how to lead whem younger. I am currently training an adult female and her two kids we use lead for our situation. There alot to learn and it be fun while you do. We are all still learning and it never stops all questions are great questions there never a stupid question. Also if your going to milk you might want to decide if your going to hand milk or machine milk and decide and acquire your milking equipment before hand. Also when you buy the goats look at them confirmation. Look at the where the back legs meet (right below vulva called escutchion) it need to have plently of room for a udder. Ask to see mother and father check them out. Other thing to look at is the bottom of their hoofs. You want them to be wide not narrow. We had a doe that had narrow and she would get hoof rot regularly. Their coats should be shiny and health eyes bright. Pull their eye lid gently down and it should be bright pink not pale other wise they are anemic from worms and such.
Hello and welcome to the forums. That's a good to know. I really hope that you will stay on our forums to answer your queries, and hoping to share your knowledge too.