Hi! New to Backyard Herds

Crazybirdlady2

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi to all! I'm on Backyard Chickens as 'hensareus' but joined this forum while it was down. And I like it just as much. I am semi-retired and at the moment have chickens and ducks. My husband and I hope to have rabbits and a feeder pig soon, also. I love getting to talk with other people and share ideas and experiences with them. Although we have been raising small stock for many years, I have learned many new things and had my memory refreshed on others. I hope to make many new online friends and put in my two-cents worth when it counts.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome :frowglad you joined us! We raise chickens, rabbits(Californian & French Angora) and goats(Nigerian Dwarf and Lamancha). Lots of great people!!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH from sunny CA; happy to have you join us. I am retired also and building a dairy and I feel like I should go back to work to relax. :) I have never worked so hard in my entire life, but I love it...most of the time.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio! Several folks here get feeder pigs and show pictures as they grow. Good luck with your plans.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE Texas. By all means make yourself at home and browse around at your leisure. There's a wealth of info and experience shared in the threads. We have a rather large group of active Rabbitteers who do so as pets, for pelts, fiber, show and for meat. There are also many who raise pigs at varying levels. Mostly for meat rather than as pets :hide BACON!!!!:drool :duc Glad to have you with us!