Hi, New to the Goat world

Jo-Anne

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a small heard of goats... 4 Pygmy doelings, 1 Alpine/Nubian ( all under a year). I also have a Nigerian Dwarf wether and 2 Nigerian Dwarf exposed Does. I also have chickens, 3 dogs, 2 cats and 1 Indian Ringneck Parrot. We live on 6 acres in northern BC. I look forward to meeting other animal lovers and learning lots

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a small heard of goats... 4 Pygmy doelings, 1 Alpine/Nubian ( all under a year). I also have a Nigerian Dwarf wether and 2 Nigerian Dwarf exposed Does. I also have chickens, 3 dogs, 2 cats and 1 Indian Ringneck Parrot. We live on 6 acres in northern BC. I look forward to meeting other animal lovers and learning lots
Oooh! BC! So... still full winter? Or can you see some spring?

I am at latitude 59, so still full winter here.

How old is your parrot? We have a lesser Sulphur-crested Cockatoo.. she is.... uh.... 17? The light has increased enough that she is feeling testy and hormonal.

Jo-Anne

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi Alaskan,
Yes I’m in northern BC, Fort St John. Just when we think spring is in the air we get snow, lol.

I have a goat due to kid on the 14th of March, her first kid and my first time assisting. I must say I’m just a little terrified.

I have a female Indian Ringneck (Annie). She’s a little over a year and is very much a one person bird (mine) when it comes to handling.

May I ask the breed of chickens in your profile pic? They’re so cute!

Jo-Anne

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello from Tennessee! Looking forward to hearing more about your animals!
Thank you BarnOwl. I’m definitely enjoying BYH. Everyone has been so welcoming.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi Alaskan,
Yes I’m in northern BC, Fort St John. Just when we think spring is in the air we get snow, lol.

I have a goat due to kid on the 14th of March, her first kid and my first time assisting. I must say I’m just a little terrified.

I have a female Indian Ringneck (Annie). She’s a little over a year and is very much a one person bird (mine) when it comes to handling.

May I ask the breed of chickens in your profile pic? They’re so cute!
First... Most goats have zero problems kidding, so hopefully there will be zero assistance needed. If your March might still be cold, I would suggest buying a heating pad with an always in feature. You might need a warming box for the kids, just for the first week.

And yes on the spring snow! For us "April showers" usually mean a couple more feet of snow.

Wind is howling right now as I type this.

The chickens in my profile are my Spitz, Appenzeller Spitzhauben in Chamois color.

Bummer your parrot is so single person focused. Our household is big and busy, so luckily our parrot, Sunshine, is happy with most of us. She does have favorites, but still pretty social.

In college I had a blue headed Pionus, Solomon, and HE was very much my bird only. Fantastic personality, I still miss him.