Hi we breed pigs goats, ducks and geese near the border of az and cali

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We have a small farm in very southern california. We currently breed julianas, american guinea hogs and pot bellies and next month we plan to finally breed our three kune females to our kune boar! We have Nigerian dwarf goats& breed them twice a year. We have bloodhounds that we plan to breed end of summer 2020. We have a ton of ducks and also four geese. Glad to have found this site hello everyone.

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My SIL and her husband just moved to Yuma from La Mesa CA.
What do you do with your Bloodhounds? Are they working dogs? My brother had a BH. He loved that dog!
We bought them as pets and we were given a deal on the female as a breeder. My hubby has wanted bloodhounds all of his life so it was a dream come true that fell in our lap when i was shopping for pigs actually. The female is apparently from search and rescue parents with national police bloodhound association mother I don't know about the father of the female. Our male is from pet quality stock arkansas I think. They've been clean tested but we still have to get all their certifications like hips and eyes etc. I had started scent training them as the male really has an amazing talent for it but got busy with the farm when our breeder pigs began farrowing back to back so things got a little to hectic to work the bloodies daily for the scent training. When we breed them later this year we know a couple are already sold to a few of our boys in blue. They did help us find a sow that had gotten out and was lost in the desert for three days. Its an amazing breed, I will say VERY difficult to train and Ive trained dogs all my life these are by far the most stubborn dogs mostly because of how smart they really are. Our male opens gates, doorknobs, the fridge, the oven, fences, you name it. Our female is way easier but still difficult to train in very different ways. Im totally in love with this breed now and want more but they are a VERY hands on breed that cannot be left unattended for even a second as BLOODHOUNDS ARE ALWAYS GUILTY is the new saying in our house.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi there! I had a Juliana for a very short bit over the holidays..sweet little thing...but I couldn’t keep her.....too cold here. My Nigerian Dwarf is due in 2 weeks and so is my Pygmy!! I also have tons of ducks...and some pigs. Welcome to BYH...I can honestly say it has been my best experience with forums ever! The best people around! Can’t wait to hear more about those mini pigs!! And welcome to BYH!:)

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi there! I had a Juliana for a very short bit over the holidays..sweet little thing...but I couldn’t keep her.....too cold here. My Nigerian Dwarf is due in 2 weeks and so is my Pygmy!! I also have tons of ducks...and some pigs. Welcome to BYH...I can honestly say it has been my best experience with forums ever! The best people around! Can’t wait to hear more about those mini pigs!! And welcome to BYH!:)
what would you like to know about our pigs? the following pic is of my hubby with Lucy one of our breeders back when we first got her and we were socializing her so that she'd be easier to handle later in life. Now she's one of my lovey dovey babie makers:love We learned that buying a pig was not as easy as raising a pig for breeding. By raising them ourselves we could train them to roll over for hoof trimming and belly rubs. The ones we didn't raise are a bit more to handle sometimes.

Attachments

• IMG_3402.jpg
    IMG_3402.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited: