Hi Y'all!! from Texas

TxMom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi...I'm new here at BYH...came over from BYC. :D

I'm a city girl who moved to the country 6 years ago, and now the country has finally started to take over. ;) I got 13 chickens in January who I absolutely love and spoil, and now I'm getting 2 goats in a week and a half. I did tons of research before getting my chickens and I hang out on BYC all the time. Now, I feel like I have to take a crash-course in goats before they get here on the 29th. I have the book "Barnyard In Your Backyard" (Storey Publishing) and have read the Goat section. Now I almost feel like I'm LESS educated...ugh, there's so much more to learn about goats than chickens! I know my feestore has books about goats too, so I'll go buy at least one of those today. I'm pretty good at researching and they will have a very happy and healthy home here with me.

I have an acre and a half with lots of wild weedy brushy areas, including wild dewberry vines and poison ivy which makes it hard for us to tame it. I sure hope my new babies will help with that!

Please give me any and all information and advice you can...I need to know EVERYTHING!

2468herdsrgr8

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
and you jumped the fence also.....:welcome....from Ontario Canada....and I am also a city slicker gone country....I am jealous your getting goats !!!! but its on my list....;)

bheila

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:welcome Welcome from Western Washington :frow You will LOVE having goats!

TxMom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes! After reading a lot more yesterday, I am starting to feel more comfortable. I guess they're not so complicated, especially since I'm starting with 2 wethers. I know I'm not ready for kidding and milking and all that yet...I have to get used to the animals themselves first. ;) And my main concern is the weed and brush control.

Latest posts