Hi!

ducks4you

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I suspect that there are a LOT of Backyard Chickens members, like me, who are ALSO on this forum, BUT Hi!, anyway :D

I am 51 years old, I've had horses since 1985, I have retrained and taught lessons. I'll tell you--retraining for another sport and training a correct seat is a WHOLE 'NOTHER BALL OF WAX when compared to breaking, which feels so new to me right now. I have broken a few horses before, but, that was BEFORE I was thrown and broke my arm in 2004. I'm rebuilding my confidence--used to think i could never be hurt!! HA! Been through several "ALPO" horses, whose retraining would be difficult, at best. Currently, I have recently purchased a KMH--recent post with problems. I have an 11 year old KMH mare--BEST mare I've ever owned. I have owned over 30 horses in my lifetime, and I have a 27 yr old QH who is on bute 2x/day and in his own pasture (with huge pine trees) because his back has a slipped disk and his legs are going. If ANYONE deserves retirement, Ro Go Bar does! He was my babysitter horse for the longest time!

Looking forward to corresponding with all of you!! :celebrate

2468herdsrgr8

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:frow and :welcome from Ontario Canada !
My dream of owning a horse finally came true last month ...I have a 10 yr old QH gelding that barrel raced and was used for babysitting the yearlings .The previous owner knowing I wouldnt be barrel racing him ...sold him to me as a trail horse ...which I am very happy with ....I am now being trained on how to ride a trained horse ....he has alot of buttons...and I love him so ....We now have three horses .....

Latest posts