Hi!!!

AnitaDeason

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Good morning everyone.
Stay at home mom currently homeschooling my 17yr old daughter. We currently have chickens but are hoping soon to introduce goats, pigs and rabbits to our little homestead. I'm so excited to read everything and LEARN!!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NW Mississippi!....:frow
We have goats, chickens, ducks, and cats here for now. We have 4 daughters and all are on there own with their own families. There is a bunch of info in the existing Forums and Threads so feel free to browse around. If something brings a question, comment, or advice to mind just feel free to post. We all love pics too, so if ya wish to share some ya can do that too....you will see a bunch in the Threads. Sure hope ya are able to fill your plans and expand them as ya learn and get comfortable.
Again....:welcome

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha, just saw you on the Alabama thread! WELCOME!!! You will love having more animals, chickens are the "gateway drug" you know. ;) How many chickens do you have and what breeds? What breeds of goats, pigs and rabbits are you interested in?

We moved 2 1/2 years ago to 8 acres in northeast Texas and have chickens, feeder pigs, horses and hair sheep. Oh, and a big garden! Loving it!!

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH from ontario Canada :frow!!
If you have any questions just post it and someone who has the answer will find you! I have to proudly state that people here are very helpful and supportive. I hope you enjoy your stay! Good luck with your plans for the future :welcome
I have goats ,chickens ,sheep, a young bull calf, and have had 3 large English black pigs last year (purchasing piglets soon :) )

Last edited:

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NH! I am a homeschooling mom to a 4 year old daughter, so just getting started! I have chickens, turkeys, goats and pigs. What kind of chickens do you have?

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello.
Welcome from Indiana! You're sure to learn a lot and love the site. Lots of info from lots of good folks. Have fun posting your critters and asking questions abt your own needs.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome from another Texan. Great to have to here with us! Please browse around and "meet" our awesome members :clap If you have questions, just post away and chances are good someone will be along directly with help. Make yourself at home!