Hickoryneck Farm, It's second chance

Hickoryneck

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hay is on the ground it's about 4 acres geez where will I put it all :th
Some relatives agreed to allow me to have a farmer cut their fields so I can have the hay it's Grass/Weed mix nothing special but it's hay and since I feed good feed and minerals my animals do well on it but he cut it yesterday and man oh man is it thick now I am freaking out worried it's going to be to much for me to handle But I guess it will all work out some how

There is a big swap this saturday and I really want to go but I don't have much to sell I am going to go over my list tonight and make the final list ( I make list it's my thing :lol:) hopefully I can pull enough birds together to make the trip worthwhile

Hickoryneck

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The field really put out! 250 square bales and 6 round I sold 100 square bales and 2 of the rounds am trying to sell the other 4 I am pretty happy the squares sold as soon as I advertised them for sale and the rounds went to a neighbor who might buy the other 4 in the end the sold hay will cover the cost of baling making my hay free :weee Love how that worked out The goats like it and it turned out better then I thought it would.

I went to the swap I decided to sell more then I had first planned on I figured it was best to cut down to the minimum before winter came and I need the extra cash for stocking up on winter feed I sold most of the birds I took to sell the laying hens I was left with sold soon after so now all I have left now are roosters if someone wants to buy something if they don't sell they will hang out until they reach eating size. I bought a muscovy duck hen wish I had bought two :he and I also bought my son a pair of pigeons they are supposed to be parlor tumblers but the one rolls like a parlor roller and the other rolls once then flys! What the heck he isn't real good at flying cant go over 5 foot high or fly to far off but he isn't supposed to be able to fly at all anyway my son loves them he comes home from school every day does his homework then puts his pigeons out in a bigger pen he says they need exercise he waters and feeds them I am very impressed he is 7 and is doing a great job I have never had to tell him once to go take care of them :D His older sister has to be told all the time to clean her rabbits cage and water it.

I moved all my does in to the front field so they can be close to the buck hoping they start coming in heat soon so I can get them bred I am really excited about next years crop of kids and to see how my yearling freshen

Four Winds Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi Hickoryneck!
Love your journal!
It is nice to know that I am not the only one who runs to town for supplies and "accidentaly" brings home 14 meat rabbits, or an extra pair of ducks!!! :idunno
Lol, there are sooo many opportunities in this world that just fall into ones lap!!!!! :weee