Hickoryneck Farm, It's second chance

Hickoryneck

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My addiction is getting out of control My mom said that my dad can get a Jersey calf from a friend the guy said come pick out anyone you want and instead of laughing and saying what would I do with a cow I said hmm I wonder if I have enough room for a cow :barnie. I need help I guess it's a good thing my husband isn't an animal person so he can keep me some what in line :gig

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I understand. Hubby keeps telling me when I bring animals to a sale I am supposed to come home with FEWER than I left with, not more. What kind of sense does that make? The last poultry swap I sold all my chickens and was wondering if hubby woudl kill me if I brought home some peacocks. I almost had myself convinced to buy them. After all, I would still be comming home with fewer birds, I left with 20 chickens and there were only 3 peacocks.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
christmas-tree.gif

Hickoryneck

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sorry it has been so long since I last logged into this site I missed it and will try to be more active on here :) Thank you all for the holiday wishes ours was nice I hope you'll was as well :woot

It has been a busy year I hatched so many birds I lost track and sold a ton of them.
My Goats all kidded with ease and I sold all the kids but one little rotten Alpine Lamanche cross I can't help it she is so cute.
We processed our hog in Feb and bought another in May she is growing well but we have been going thru the pork in the freezer so fast since it taste so good I think we will have to start raising two hogs a year.
I have two young rabbits I raised that are butchering size so I am going to do them in soon to see if we like Rabbit if we do then their mom will be bred again and I might bring home a new rabbit next month from the big swap to grow the herd :D .
We have been getting a good amount of rain so my garden has done great the only bad thing was my Tomatoes were a total flop this year I think I planted them in poor soil they have all died and we barely got any tomatoes out of 10 plants.
With the looming high food prices I am talking hubby into buying a beef steer for the freezer I am making great head way if I can figure out where to put it :lol:.
I canned some Jam for the first time in many years it was fun and next year I am going to make my garden bigger so I will have lots to can, I am also hoping the fruits do well so they can be processed into more jam,jelly and preserves this year they did good but all the little people ate them :ep .

Well I better go for now have to clean house since we are getting new Carpet in the living room tomorrow I am really excited our current rug is light so my kids have stained it up but the new carpet is darker so should hide their messes plus it is being installed by a relative so is pretty cheap :weee

Hickoryneck

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My new carpet is so pretty We love it

I counted my birds this week and am making plans to sell some in a few weeks deep down I know I should sell more to help with the feed bill which is only going to grow but it's easier said then done when you're a crazy person like me :gig

My Kids start school next week wow this summer has flown by so fast :( I hate when they go to school you would think after all these years I would not mind as much but with the bus ride then all day at school then ride home only to sit and do hours of home work I feel like they are barely even here except on weekends

My kids are acully with my parents right now they have been in the mountians for a week and are supposed to come home today then my parents will be here for awhile hopefully they don't drive me nuts :he wish me luck :)

Latest posts