High Desert Cowboy- How far is it up north?

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They say the Beaver once almost went over the bridge 40 years ago. That’s the closest we’ve been and it hasn’t even been in my lifetime so I’m not too worried. The snow is another story though. Weather report says we’re supposed to get our first real snow storm on Friday and I’m curious how much we’ll really get. Seems like every year everyone in Utah has to relearn how to drive in the snow.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I ustacould say I've never been in a snow related accident... That all changed this past spring :( In the navy we had a saying... one awe $h*t wipes out a thousand attaboys... 40+ years of winter driving experience, guess it was a matter of time...

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That’s a very accurate saying. I’ll have to ask my brother if they still use that one.
On another note as I get things together for getting sheep next year I’ve had the nagging thought at the back of my mind to consider hair sheep. I’ve only ever dealt with wool breeds and I’m not sure how hair breeds do in comparison. But someone was saying they taste better than wool lamb and where I really enjoy lamb it’s really grabbed my interest. And made me hungry for a doner kebab. :drool

Last edited:

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That’s really impressive!
Well it’s finally here
C71BA6B7-2FC3-4369-B84B-ACC9CDAD059D.jpeg

It’s snowing pretty good. This will be Dixie and the ducks’ first winter. Dixie was born in March in the house and stayed inside for the first 4 weeks so by the time she got outside it was all melted. She and Kya have the doghouse though and are pretty content. I’ve never seen Kya use her doghouse really she used to just hunker down under the camper trailer. The ducks seem to really be enjoying the snow, they’re standing out in it jabbering away. And I finally get to use my stove after moving it upstairs and it is a world of difference! It’s almost too hot!
AA07C9C1-4C82-48E9-AAD7-87288BE33B24.jpeg