High Desert Cowboy- How far is it up north?

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
40B84D4E-1549-4CB6-A2D6-F1EEAF6DDFEB.jpeg
7AAC3213-0D3A-42A0-9586-456E423FBE78.jpeg
0AF4F175-3F7D-4243-B206-13B9C2D3A80F.jpeg
I couldn’t get a good shot they took off through the horses and I won’t risk that. So we can’t count there were 9 puppies, one was squirreled away under everyone else. It’s spring so here’s some lamb pictures

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks @Baymule i really like the two ewes. I guess they’re still triplets without the third but two triplets sounds weird and twins is incorrect. I’ll for sure keep one for future breeding purposes maybe both depending on how things look when the time comes. They’re fun to watch playing and Bella has a huge soft spot for lambs. She’s quick to grip the older ewes and I was a little nervous how she’d be around the lambs but she sniffed them once and then started licking their heads. Maybe that’ll help them grow up to be less belligerent than the old ewes, who knows.
Spring is here but we woke up to snow on the ground so I’ll probably put shearing off for another week or so, besides I have plenty to do with my weekend. I’m planning to trim my horses, clean out the garage and hopefully finally start building a small round pen for herding lessons. Start digging a hole for where I’ll tie in a water line to have an idea of where it’s at exactly. Of course all those plans could be shot if somebody needs help, have a friend who lives along the canal and they’re really worried about flooding this year with all the snow on the mountain. According to the Good Old Boys Coffee Congregation at the gas station we had similar conditions 30 years ago where there was such a drought there was barely any water in the river and then it snowed like this winter and the runoff tore out everyone’s irrigation gates

Last edited:

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I’m glad you approve of the name:D =D
So of course the best laid plans never work out. Saturday I got horses trimmed but then of course they’re haltered so they need to be rode. After much combing we finally got enough hair shed off to create a third horse and saddle up. My 4 year old has decided when she gets big she wants to be a cowboy like daddy. She did great and was so proud of how well she controls her horse, I just tell her I hold the end of the mecate so the horse doesn’t step on it.
One day I’ll get that corral built, and the water hole dug, and and and and. It never truly ends, but that’s half the fun.