High Desert Cowboy- How far is it up north?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad to hear from you! It sucks that prices are going up like that. You'd better find something NOW. There are thousands affected by the fires and this will probably be the last straw for many of them. Guess where they will move to? Lots of people moving to Texas too, prices are stupid. Hurry up and find a place before the swarm hits.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Apparently that is happening everywhere. Lots of people in big cities are finding out they can work remotely and don't have to live in the congestion. And whatever they own there will be worth a lot more than where they want to move so they can overbid others.

Of course some quantity of them will bring their "this would be perfect if only it had (name your favorite big city amenity)" and want to change things. I wonder how many will complain about the farm smells in their new location and want to legislate the farms' operations.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Prices per acre have tripled here since we bought our place. Part of that is due to the school district, I think the other part is people moving to Texas from states that have gotten out of control with too many regulations, taxes, and insanely stupid laws.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think the other part is people moving to Texas from states that have gotten out of control with too many regulations, taxes, and insanely stupid laws.

So -- TX has no regulations, taxes and laws...?? :lol: :lol: Maybe I need to move there, too!

I don't know if we can ever afford to move away now with all the people who can work remotely buying properties in the rural areas.

So, move now, not later. Even buy a place & lease it out until.....

Haven't even checked prices/sales in my area. Real Estate -- always on a roller coaster. When I moved here, many were selling due to commute time. Now the work from home craze will take over for a while. Then, people will "miss" the intown shopping and activity, which means that they are tired of working the land, handling animals! So it goes... :idunno :old