High Desert Cowboy- How far is it up north?

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Update on the third lamb. She spent two days in the house being syringe fed, and she is apparently now doing better. Her sisters are doing fantastic and are happy and warm in the garage pen. Our weather is now clear with negative temps last night and now a steady climb to the 40’s. No other lambs yet, but triplets usually come a little earlier apparently. So we should see some in the next week

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wouldn’t discredit replacing a kiddos lamb with one that stands a chance. The distraction would mean the world to my kiddos. Pulling a baby just for that reason wouldn’t be fair but when you consider all of the other reasons then she didn’t appear to be keeping up, you got your reassurance that you made the right decision.

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
40A3E7EE-8333-44B5-93E3-D0386975792C.jpeg
So today we had another addition, our oldest ewe Ma had a healthy baby ram.

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Spring is in the air! Or at least I hope it is we’re getting in the upper 50’s and Shaun is rubbing his winter coat off on the fence. If only the others could do that! I’ve already got one baby sold to a Muslim family for their next big holiday, told them to tell their friends I’ve got another one. But of course my children have named them all, the little ram lamb is Buckwheat and my 4 year old named the ewe lambs Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle. Their coats are interesting, the little ram lamb and the one my friend’s kid is bottle feeding are kind of white wooly under black while the two little ewes I’ve got are black and slick haired.
This will probably be Ma’s last year with us. She was old when I bought her but she was in decent shape to train dogs so I brought her home and she’s done good with a surprise lamb last year and her little guy this year. You can tell this lamb took a lot out of her. Ill keep one of the triplets as a future replacement and it’ll keep me at 4 ewes for now.