High Fever in Week Old Buckling

rescueblonde

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I lost my youngest doe last night but she had been the sickest overall. Everyone else is back to normal.

Reactions: TAH

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. You did the best you could. It just wasn't meant to be. :hugs Glad the rest have recovered.

Reactions: TAH

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am really sorry that you lost one, never easy and sometimes no matter what we do we can't save them. But wow, you sure went above and beyond to try and get them well and good job on the ones you did nurse back to health. I bet you are exhausted and glad everyone is on the mend.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry about the doe :( Glad all the others are ok and I hope they stay that way.

rescueblonde

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ugh. Everyone was doing well but the past two days, they started spiking fevers again from 103.4-104. Banamine would not bring them down, nor would electrolytes. Vet asked for me to bring in stool samples today. When I went to collect them, my oldest (now only) doeling was shivering even though it was about 70 degrees Fahrenheit and wouldn't take her bottle. Her temp was 99.9. I got it up to 101.5 and gave her VitB & Probiotics. She's anemic. I got her to eat some hay and take a tiny bit of her bottle.

Just got the call back from the vet. They're all loaded up with coccidia and the vet would like to treat with Corid.