Highland Meadows ~ Journal From The Very Beginning

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our boys were the biggest motivating factor with this move. We had some land in what was at one point a nice neighborhood with good schools not too far out of the DC area. We knew it wasn't where we wanted to live permanently, but we were happy with it initially and that's where my husband's job had him. However, over the past 5 years the area has significantly degraded from the environment we wanted to raise a family in. My husband is a Software Engineer who loves his job and we didn't want to just pick up and move considering jobs for software engineers are not exactly abundant in very rural areas. Then this past December we received a phone call late at night saying that his job wanted to give him a promotion if we could pick up and move within 2 months to the nebraska/iowa area. We of course immediately said yes, everything fell perfectly into place from finding this house only 30 minutes away from my husband's work (before he was driving 1-2 hours depending on traffic), being able to close within a month and selling our old house within a week of putting it up on the market. Now we are here starting our new adventure!
How did summer on your new farm go?