Hinton ,WV ?

MissJames

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Anybody near Hinton? We are going to look at farm there tomorrow.I think it's "THE ONE"

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've been to Hinton but don't remember when. :p Glad you found The One! :) Welcome to WV! :frow I live in the eastern panhandle and I love the countryside and wonderful weather!

MissJames

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I've been to Hinton but don't remember when. :p Glad you found The One! :) Welcome to WV! :frow I live in the eastern panhandle and I love the countryside and wonderful weather!
I've always lived in warm climates,so I guess I'll have to adjust to winters.It's a wonderful opportunity for us to really change our lifestyle. Just hope we're not too old! LOL

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
The winters are really not that bad here, even though it's the mountains. We haven't had bad snows and really subzero temps for a long, long time now. Global warming, I guess... :rolleyes:

You will love the fall colors, the winter fresh snow in a sparkling, pure blanket, every branch encrusted with white. You will love the awakening of spring in the mountains, different from anywhere in the world. It's so much more noticeable here and much more appreciated, as the winter is long and one is ready for a change by the end of it. Summer is burgeoning with life and everything in a hurry to grow. One of my favorite times is when summer just gives up...it seems to happen all in one week. One minute you have a garden and it's bursting with fruits, the next minute the nights are cool and the vines just die.

If you take the time to notice the changes and the variety of seasons we have here, you may just grow to love it...despite yourself! People grow to be quite old here in these mountains...must be the fresh air. :)

4hmama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
North Central WV here...glad to see there are soume other Mountaineers on here!

samanthaj

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
never heard of hinton,but if you ask my hubby walmart is the only place i can find on my own LOL. i am new to this forum,but lived my entire life in wv.

samanthaj

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
4hmama said:
North Central WV here...glad to see there are soume other Mountaineers on here!
just checked your website,we are like neighbors! and your kids are 4hers,awesome! i will have to pm you,we are new to raising animals for 4h and need a mentor LOL!