1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Our Hearts go out to Notre Dame - Our Featured Thread on our sister site "The Easy Garden"
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Hiya from SC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BugMunch, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Feb 10, 2019
    BugMunch

BugMunch Exploring the pasture

I am looking into getting a pair of goats. I am researching breeds, to see what will fit best into our family. I currently have 7 chickens(a member of BYC), and plan on adding a few more of them this year as well :)

Mike CHS, Baymule and B&B Happy goats like this.
  2. Feb 10, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Greeting and welcome BugMunch, :welcome we have a great resoures of information and awesome people here, there are lots of goat people (myself included) and your will find all the info you need.....fair warning...people here love pictures !

Rammy and BugMunch like this.
  3. Feb 10, 2019
    BugMunch

BugMunch Exploring the pasture

I can't wait!! I am super excited about getting them this year, and will definitely post pics!!

B&B Happy goats likes this.
  4. Feb 10, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Lol, you will be pestered by us if you don't post pictures ! Happy to read your are researching breeds, very smart of you....please also take extra time to research whom you will be purchasing them from, has the herd been tested, do they run fecals, have they had their CDT shots and please.....as cute as they are, do yourself a huge favor and don't get bottle babies under six weeks old. Better to get them weaned and healthy and eating on their own....sure will save you alot of worry and trouble., especially just starting out with goats. Have fun :frow

Rammy and BugMunch like this.
  5. Feb 10, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Welcome to BYH! I don't have goats, I have sheep. This is the best goat forum on the internet, lots of helpful people. You will be right at home here.

BugMunch and B&B Happy goats like this.
  6. Feb 10, 2019
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

No goats here either but I wanted to add my welcome. I lived in the Charleston area for 20 plus years until a few years ago.

Rammy, BugMunch and B&B Happy goats like this.