Hoegger's Organic Goat Wormer

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a "worm" report on Felicia and Annie, two Nubian does I got last September and who are now 14 months old.
When I got them last September I gave them the initial 3 days of Organic Goat Wormer from Hoegger's.
Since then, they have been given the organic wormer twice every Sunday.
My local vet did fecals on them Wednesday and I am happy to report their worm loads are very low.

Lenora, the 4 year old Nubian who just kidded three weeks ago also had a fecal. She has been on the herbal wormer since I got her in February, but since she was preggers, I think the herbal just didn't do much. I did give her a shot of Ivomec after she kidded, but alas, didn't do much for her. After her fecal on Wednesday, the vet said she had a heavy load of barberpole worms (Haemonchus)

On instruction from my OSU vet, Lenora got 20 cc of Cydectin sheep drench wormer yesterday. She must have a fecal done again in two weeks, and we will see if she needs further treatment.
I plan on giving her the herbal wormer this Sunday along with the other girls.

I am hoping to get everyone on the herbal wormer, with fecals done every 6 months.

This is for sure a "balancing act."

DonnaBelle

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Yes, it can be tough when a goat isn't in perfect health. Who knows if the CAE has something to do with it or just being pregnant or did she have a big load before that just wasn't noticed or what. All you can do is try different things and see how it turns out.

Latest posts