Hoegger's Organic Goat Wormer

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I think you might have to call Hoegger's on that one. Does it contain wormwood? I know Molly's herbal recommends NOT using the first half of her formula throughout pregnancy because of the wormwood. So all that to say, I really don't know, but they are really helpful at Hoegger's.

emilypaonia

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Call them to check, but the website says yes, it is ok to feed to pregnant does, and I have fed it to my pregnant does with no problem - but only once a month, not once a week like they suggest.

Lady Jane

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am soooo glad you asked about this Donna because I was wondering the same thing.
I just goat my goats yesterday and I have the Hoeggers wormer to give them. I don't know if they have had grain before in their diet so I was just going to give them a cup each with the dewormer on it. A cup of grain shouldn't hurt them right? Anyway, one of my girls is still pregnant and I didn't know if I should give her the wormer as well. I have no idea how far along she is but, I thought that she looked kinda skinny. Maybe from worms?

Thank you for asking Donna. Look forward to the answers you receive. :)

greenfamilyfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
If in doubt, I wouldn't.

I haven't used the Hoegger's version, but the Molly's Herbals type actually works. There are 2 formulas of the Mollys - one with wormwood and one without it for pregnant goats.

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We've used Hoegger's herbal wormer for years, including on our pregnant does. We just don't have a parasite problem here in the high desert though, nor are our does on graze, so only use it twice a year. Love the stuff. O&P's by our vet have been clear. :)

Latest posts