Holding tail off to the side...does that always indicate heat?

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
as far as your grandson goes some animales can sense when something isnt right with human.an protect them in their own way.ive worked with cattle all my life.an ive seen that happen a time or 2.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
I agree, wynedot, and that's why I really don't worry about my kids when they are around the animals. I was never afraid of them when young. My parents began dairying when I was a baby and always said if I got lost, all they had to do was look with the cows and there I'd be.
I get the biggest kick outta the Granddaughter. 15 months old and already she has the kittens coming when she calls and has a fit if she can't help Dad with the chickens and cows. My youngest daughter was the same way. The cows would always work well for her, even as a small child. She trained many of her siblings calves for them. It's such a gift some have and it's so special to see.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
my oldest neice was cap trained when she was 4 months old.if she seen us with caps on she would either crawl to the door we go out of or start crying.an we would have to take her with us.