Homemade spa products............

redtailgal

Reaction score
I've been making these for years, and decided it was time to share.

Sweet homemade facial scrub (helps clear blackheads, and exfoliates that dead dry winter skin)

1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp sugar
1tsp goat or cow milk (raw if possible)

You will want the honey just slightly warm, I set it on the window sill in the sun for an hour or so. Mix the ingrediants together, it will feel coarse (dont dissolve the sugar) and taking a small amount at a time, gently rub it in small circles over your face. After you have your face covered, let it sit for about 10 minutes befor washing it off with warm water. Pat your face dry and apply your facial moisturzer.

Sweet Homemade Foot, Hand or Body Scrub

1 cup sugar
1/2 c oil (olive oil is ok, but the pest to use is safflower oil)
1/2 c cow or goat milk if you are using it for the body, omit the milk if its for your feet or hands)
optional: esstential oil of your preference.

Mix the ingrediants, dont dissolve the sugar.

Use for the feet, scrub and massage away old callus, dead skin and work the aches out (esp if you put eucalyptis oil in there).

Use for the body, use it on just knees and elbows or use it all over. Rinse yourself well, make sure you get all those sugar grains off. You will feel slightly oily for a few minutes, but your skin should soak it up pretty fast. (I use it all over in the winter and put my homegrown lavendar and jasmine in it)

Make a jarful to leave by the sink (leave the milk out for this), put some lemongrass essential oil in it, and use it for your hands. (my hands used to stay chapped and bleed during the winter, I use this all winter now and they are MUCH better)

redtailgal

Reaction score
I'm glad you liked it, but I dont understand what you mean by "can you save the facial soap?"

IF you are talking about keeping it over a period of a couple days, yes, but it would need to be kept in the fridge or the milk would get yucky.

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
I'm glad you liked it, but I dont understand what you mean by "can you save the facial soap?"

IF you are talking about keeping it over a period of a couple days, yes, but it would need to be kept in the fridge or the milk would get yucky.
yes, I'll save in the fridge. Thanks! Is there a way to put the face soap in a mold and make it firm and like a real "soap bar"????

redtailgal

Reaction score
I dont think so.

It is supposed to have that texture so that it can be used as an exfoliant scrub.

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
I dont think so.

It is supposed to have that texture so that it can be used as an exfoliant scrub.
Thanks!I love it for washing my face at night! :woot :celebrate