Honeybee Hill-Not quite just starting out-I'm continuing on..backyard farming in eastern suburbia with my family

Honeybee Hill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone!
I'm sorry I've been MIA, between the Florida Bachelorette trip (which was awesome!) and wedding planning (interesting) and trying to finish all my requirements for the Masters program...not to mention the Fire Department duties, I'm so frazzled I'm amazed that I'm still able to type.

The Florida trip was so much fun! Very hot weather, but my friends house was beautiful and the girls really planned some very fun activities. (example-line dancing lessons :lol:)

We've been getting our RSVPs back at a steady pace. I still can't believe how many people we invited. FH is stoked, and I'm just dismayed that he knows this many people. I'm not really an extremely social individual. I have close friends, but not really a huge group. I guess raising kids and working keeps me from really expanding my social circle.(In person)

My new chickens are getting big, the one Polish that we have has been named Edith, and she's, well, special. She tends to just march up to whatever she's interested in, then just stare at it. I think she's processing information, but she just might be staring blankly without much of a thought.

The bees are getting a second super today, as soon as I talk myself into putting on the suit. It's been washed too many times, and I think it has shrunk (just agree with me here...:gig)

I hope everyone has had a nice couple of weeks!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, sound like you have been busy! Don't worry, we will not mention the bee suit.......... :lol: It's only important to fit into the wedding dress!

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
How much fun are you!! So much!! :weeeCongrats of all that you've been accomplishing and for the upcoming wedding! Cute kids, cute chick (I thought of Poof as a name when I read your April posts), and nice Homestead. Nice to meet you and thanks for the pics.