Horrible Hooves

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think that is protocol. Unless the animal bit/hurt you etc, some direct issue concerning you I don't think they call. I'm sure it was followed up on. Were you able to send photos to A/C. It is a shame the zoo didn't bother to call.

bm12171

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I totatlly agree with what Queen Mum said. Bottom line, if you can't take care of the animal then find someone who can! My neighbors' raise meat rabbits - well you would think they knew how to handle a sick bunny.....oh no, they brought it to me and I'm JUST NOW learning about bunnies!! Well, the bunny was so dang cold - almost frozen to death- snotty nose, couldn't hold it's head up. I wrapped it up, put a heat lamp on him, took a syringe of orange juice and gave him some love. Within two hours, this bunny was sitting up and I had him eating food and he was drinking like crazy. His little turds were like rocks - he was dehydrated. Needless to say, I want to keep this little guy and not give him back. Even if you are raising them for food - TAKE CARE OF THEM - keep them healthy. I don't know what's wrong with some!

Queen Mum
08/22/2012 10:07 pm

I respectfully disagree. It is never healthier for the animal to have bad feet. Yes some animals are dangerous. And some are harder to work with and some don't tolerate sedation, but if you know that then they should be cared for differently. There is a solution in all cases. It is our responsibility as captors to find what works and do it. Period. We don't leave the animal uncared for because we haven't found the solution.

allbyme

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Where there is a will...there is a way ! No excuse would really be good enough for me on this one. Especially being a public facility, one should have the education and "people" to properly care for such critters. We capture zebra, lions, tigers, rhino and much more for DNA testing,contagious diseases and even microchipping over in Africa. Where I'm from we would rope her back feet n tie em up under her head, and have her trimmed! Assisted on many adopted wild caught myself. LOL It doesn't hurt to contact the local Humane Society in any way, at least you will feel better yourself knowing someone will find out ....the rest of story!

Latest posts