horse & husband related frustrations....

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
#3? (wo)man... you're just a sucker for punishment... or, alternatively, you just never learn... :duc:hide:gig

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you know, I've heard that. But I've also heard third on a match, wind up dead (WWI by the time the third person lit their smoke, the snipers had zeroed in & BANG!)... :ducThen there's always fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me... never did hear what the third time being fooled would qualify as...:hide

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am blessed with my husband. He has never saddled up with me one time. Not one. Not in 21 years. But he always made sure that I got to enjoy my horses. He would feed them if I worked late and he liked them, just never rode. We now have 3, one of which is 30 years old, has lung issues and I don't ride her any more. Horses are like breathing to me-necessary to life. I am glad that he understands what they mean to me.

@AClark haha, I had to laugh at your TV time. My husband watches or sleeps through TV, I am on my laptop in my recliner next to his. So he's happy and I'm happy. He watches some stupid show and I talk to my friends on BYH. Win-Win!

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Normally, DH falls asleep watching TV, but as soon as he does and I turn it off "hey, I was watching that" - right, because you can see through your eyelids, not to mention you're snoring! I We get along really well though, I mean, if that's the kind of crap you actually "argue" over, then things are pretty good.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
A friend on another forum describes his marriage as, "she does her thing, I do my thing, we do our thing. It works for us." And that, I think, is the secret - finding that balance between shared interests and individual interests. The spouse (and this could be either one) who is feeling neglected may have a legitimate beef; we often get so caught up in taking care of the kids, the house, the job, whatever, that we forget to nurture the relationship that created the household in the first place. But relationships can be insidious; there is always the possibility of someone who has a "I'm the most important thing in the whole world to me, and I should be to you, too" mindset. I'm sure we can all think of examples of long-married couples where one spouse has pretty much "swallowed" the life of the other, and I suspect that may be why the stereotypical old married couples quarrel so much. But, as Pastor Dave said, the key is communication; being able to say, "you are asking too much" or "I'm feeling left out of your life" and come to some sort of compromise that, if not totally harmonious, can at least be lived with.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
A little update Duke did have tamptrums on the trail with Whitney Sunday.
I am continuing to tie them daily. Mostly doing better standing patiently which will be a must at camp. Duke did load nicely, we weren't sure about a 2 horse straight load.
Tomorrow I have the task of loading both boys and hauling them 15 minutes to the park. I will be riding Richie. DH isn't thrilled.... as he isn't confident of my hauling skills... which is unfounded though I haven't hauled a trailer much, I can do it. And really just need time doing it.

FYI I sincerely love this man, been together for 20 years.... but he does seem to resent when I act independent..which drIves me crazy. am not a doormat but have learned not to poke the bear... I probably have him well spoiled. He is a worrier.... :hu and he is the one worried about a clean house ect... me not so much, I will clean if company is coming. We try to work together. Marriage is definitely give, give and take. Thanks for listening.