1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Meet Pearl, New Horse - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Horse Re-homing

Discussion in 'Birthing, Weaning, and Raising Young Horses, Mules' started by Fennel, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Apr 1, 2017
    Fennel

Fennel Exploring the pasture

I have a cute little Quarter Horse mare, that showed up with a gelding, at my barn when I was still out in CA. They were starving, wormy, with sores, and nylon halters embedded in their noses. I only meant to get them rehabbed, and then find other homes for them.

That was several years ago. I ended up moving them with my other horses from CA back to KY. I placed the gelding (35 years old, and hardly any teeth left) with a friend as a companion to her old gelding. He's still in great shape, and doing very well. I still need to re-home the mare. I have ridden her previously, but she was trained Western. I ride dressage. Have not had time or energy to re-train her for a discipline for which she's not really suited. I want her to go to a home that only wants her as a pet or companion, or is willing to put her back into professional training for a tune-up. She's not a kid horse without that. We think she's about 20 years old. She's about 14 hands, healthy, with good feet, all vacc's and worming current. Bright chestnut with white markings.

I am in southwestern Kentucky. Please email me privately for more info and photos.

[​IMG]

2. Apr 2, 2017
    TAH

TAH Herd Master

I would suggest putting this is the sales section so more people may see this.

Very cute mare, if I weren't all the way in Alaska I would be contacting you. Hope you find her a good home.