How Did i get golds out of a lilac english spot buck and a chocolate english spot Doe?

Alpha 1 Farm

Just born
Reaction score
I kinda treat my rabbits like top quality dressage horses with all the supplements

Alpha 1 Farm

Just born
Reaction score
I'm actually still saving up for my small animal medical bey/Rabbit room

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
It might actually be a double dilute in the gene pool Aegon is princessa's father

There's no such thing as a double dilute. The D locus holds the only dilution gene in rabbits, and it's fully recessive, meaning that the only way you see it is if the rabbit has two copies of it (one copy inherited from the mother, and one copy inherited from the father). A rabbit with one copy of the dilution gene (d) and one of the full-color gene (D) looks exactly like a rabbit with two copies of the full color gene (DD).

Chocolates and dilutes sun bleach very easily. In fact, my daughter has a Chocolate Otter Netherland Dwarf that she keeps in her room, and his coat is bleaching a little bit even though he never goes outside.

I'm thinking that your "Gold" babies are actually Torts, Tort being the color that you get when non-extension is combined with the self pattern.