How did you come up with your Farm/Ranch/Homestead name?

Riverside Fainters

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Mine is Creekside Fainters. I needed to have a registered farm name with MGR in order to transfer my doe into my name (previously she was at my sisters.. So sister put her under her name) and so I could register her kids.. We have a natural creek that starts in the middle of our pasture for our dairy cows.. It had a nice ring to it.

Farmin' Girl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My farm name is Carrot Top Farms. It has 2 meanings, #1, I have red hair and was always called Carrot Top growing up. #2, I raise rabbits who love carrots as a treat. I had to have a farm name to put on my rabbit's pedigree papers, so this sounded perfect for me.

Harbisgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I still haven't managed to come up with a farm name. It's been 2 years, at some point you would think that something would 'click'. My goats are registered but I got them from a breeder and just haven't changed over the name, but now I need to get to it since I have kids to register. Why is this such torture for me?! ARGH

M.L. McKnight

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My farm's name is Rockin M Acres. My family name is McKnight, to get the most out of your stock and farm you have to give it lots of care and nurture it or 'rock it' and the term 'Rockin' will come into play a bit more in my later years when I have a dandy of a chair on the porch, my brand is a M and a rocker.

I also have a stock company that I operate with my brother called 'Mae Sons Livestock'. Mom's middle name is Mae and Daddy was born in May (I mention that to him so he doesn't feel left out), our brand is a 5 and a M, again because Daddy was born in May and there happen to be five of us boys (one girl too but we tell her she's spoiled).