How do you get a 2,000 lb bull in a trailer?

Bil

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
WOW, I just read the entire saga. I guess I'm coming in at a good time.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Bil

siroiszoo

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:D YAY!!!!! :D

We did it!!!!!!!!! I swear, this guy we called out is a real life cow whisperer!!!!!

He showed up, looked at the situation. Commented on how there was no way that corral would hold a horse, much less a bull. We agreed and explained that it was only an optical illusion to George and as soon as he figured that out he'd be gone.

Then while we were across the street trying to find the keys to a truck that would move the stock trailer out of the way..... The Cow Whisperer wanted his trailer there because there is a winch built inside that he would use if necessary.....

Anyway, we were across the street for about 10 minutes looking for the keys that were SUPPOSED to be with the truck and werent'. We heard the Cow Whisperer calling us. We went back over and George was quietly chomping his hay inside the trailer and the back doors were closed. WOOOOWWWWW!!!! No prods, no tools, no horse, no dog. Just a man and a bull.

I'm SO HAPPY! I knew he'd go gentle with the right person!

You can see for yourself how quietly he traveled the 30 miles to the stockyards:

1034_1029091219a.jpg

1034_bye_bye_george_002a.jpg

1034_bye_bye_george_004a.jpg

1034_bye_bye_george_007a.jpg

1034_bye_bye_george_009a.jpg

We're here!

1034_bye_bye_george_011a.jpg

George stayed so amazingly calm:

1034_bye_bye_george_012a.jpg

I missed this shot because everyone at the stockyard was laughing at me for taking pictures. But I told them there were people who would never believe the bull was gone nor that he went so quietly. But George never got excited. Just stepped off the trailer and walked down the shoot like he knew exactly what to do and where to go. (sob)
1034_bye_bye_george_013a.jpg

And this is me thanking everyone for all of the suggestions & support! THANK YOU!!!!!
1034_george_me_004a.jpg

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I'm glad there was a good ending to all of this. It is too bad that this guy wasn't hired in the first place! :D

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
YAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!
now you HAVE to write the book! It has a happy ending!
You finally got a cowboy that really knew cows. Great to know they still exist.
I do hope the Guy Who Thought He Was In Charge And Wasn't will hear of this and feel dang embarrassed-- although he won't.
And don't worry about they guys laughing at you at the stockyard. They do that all over.

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:hit Bye, bye, George. Congratulations for a job well done, siroiszoo.

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My goodness, that is the coolest thing! Congratulations on getting that big ol' problem out of your life! He was a giant!!