How do you give herbal wormers to bottle babies? ok in milk!?

chicks & ducks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm seriously considering going with Molly's herbal wormer. My 2 babies aren't that bothered about 'other' food, bottles are still the best. Haven't ordered mine yet, so can't read instructions on the package, but for now is it ok to mix with the milk? Just a thought.

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I use Molly's herbals on my bottle babies - I use a drench gun for it though. My adult does just get it sprinkled on their food, but the babies aren't eating grain yet. I found they are far more receptive to taking it if I put in just a little molasses for them.

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
CrownofThornsNDGoats said:
I'll use a drench gun as well, or mix it with enough molasses to be a "solid" ball and shove it into their mouths.
I think the balls will work eventually - I use it as cocci prevention and start at two weeks. I tried to make a ball with the herbals, molasses, and slippery elm. I got it in their mouth and they hacked and gagged on it so much that I thought I was going to choke them - it scared me. So it's the drench gun for now. Eventually I may get them to take it with a little grain or a little snack but haven't begun graining them at all yet.

Latest posts