How much do you sell your goat milk for?

purecountrycow

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I was wondering how much people get for their milk in different parts of the country?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Since you have to have a grade A dairy license in Ohio to sell milk, I don't. I think people sell it for pet use but even that is frowned upon in Ohio and many people don't advertise. For pet around here, people are charging $6-$8 per gallon.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I'm like Karen..I don't sell my milk. Not even as pet food. I send a little home with bottle babies, but that's about it.

GREEDY with my goatie milk! :p

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
The goat dairy down the road from me sells pasteurized milk for $8 per gallon. I thought I'd sell a little to close friends for the same amount. But then I got really good at cheesemaking. We need more goats! :p

dkluzier

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You need a permit to sell it in PA. I really don't have enough to sell anyhow, I am with everyone else - the cheese is yummy and my family is always asking for more.

mossyStone

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
In Washington State you need a Grade A Dairy Lic to sell, in average milk prices are between $9.00 and $11.00 per half gallon...

I dont sell here i am not a lic Dairy all our milk is for soaps/ animal feed/cheese/ice cream

Mossy Stone Farm

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Well, it's illegal to sell raw milk in MD, but if I did (*ahem*), I'd probably sell it for $2/qt or $6/gallon.

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You have to have a license in Arizona to sell raw milk. The stuff that the grocery store carries is about $4 a pint for pasteurized, bucky tasting gross stuff. Seriously, what do they do to that stuff?!

I have a few close friends who get milk or cheese from me if I have extra, I don't sell it, but gladly accept "donations" in the form of money, feed, or produce if they feel they need to give me something for it.